I forgot my password

Poll

If we were to have a challenge, what would you want for a prize?

13% 13% [ 1 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Easier to See Site Design?
by Tyler 28th June 2017, 5:47 pm

» Five Letter Sentences
by IrishArcher 27th June 2017, 2:13 pm

» Think it's worth it?
by Tyler 26th June 2017, 12:37 pm

» The Overall Design
by Tyler 23rd June 2017, 1:19 pm

» Am I the only one?
by Niemand 12th January 2016, 1:58 pm

» The Hunger Games (Mockingjay Part 1)
by Niemand 28th September 2015, 5:53 pm

» Hogwarts & Beyond
by Guest 8th August 2015, 3:00 am

» Luna Vermiculus University
by Guest 2nd August 2015, 2:56 am

» Affliating
by Niemand 22nd July 2015, 1:22 pm

Top posting users this month

• AFFLIATES
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Bonjour, mon amies!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bonjour, mon amies!

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 10th April 2014, 10:40 pm

Greetings fellow authors and artists! I am Hinrey Snakespear, you may call me Hinrey, or if you so desire, Hinrey Snakespear. You may question the odd spelling of my pseudonym, and that is a long story that does not belong here. (It's really not that long, and it is honestly quite boring)
About me, well let's see... I guess I should start off with age. I am sixteen years of age. I usually lie about my age, but since I am a bit older than when I started using forums, I decided now would be a good time to stop being so secretive. I'm going to continue this and warn that I have a bit of a mouth on me, and I do have a bit of a blunt personality, so keep that in mind when interacting with me, and try not be too easily offended. I'm not sure where to go from here, so I will just leave it off with the artsy side of things.
I like to write short stories, and make stop motion films. Most of my short stories are on the darker side of the spectrum with tid-bits of ultra violence, but I am a flexible author and enjoy writing among most genres, excluding romance. In the film industry, my medium is mainly Lego because it is easy to work with, but I have been considering moving on to claymation and live action filming. I guess that's about it for me, if you have any questions, comments, or flames, just leave them here in the little private message thing.

Until next time!
-Hinrey
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bonjour, mon amies!

Post by Buggy on 10th April 2014, 10:49 pm

Hinrey, me and you are gonna get a long XD
I'm Buggy!

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 10th April 2014, 10:56 pm

Pleased to meet you, Buggy.
What makes you say that? (Don't mean to sound rude, just a question [insert normal smiley here XD])
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 10th April 2014, 11:11 pm

Well, for starters ,I am NOT easily offended what so ever, I've been bullied in the past (like many others) but I NEVER cared.

And most the time, me and my sisters bash each other with words none stop, but if they say something particularly creative PR funny I'll laugh and be like "you got me, so good!"

Were similar in our bluntness, I have been labeled as the "mean" child because I tell the truth, but only when asked, so it's not really MY fault they get upset

You mentioned film industries, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE movies.

Oh , and I to used to lie about my age, but then turned sixteen and said "yup, that's old enough, time to stop lying"

And as you have a tendency to "offend" people, I Gend to freak people out, only I do it on purpose, see I study psychology (FOR FUN) and I'm getting really good at it, O can talk to someone for like ten minutes, over the internet, never seen a pic of em or anything, and I can guess their entire personality, and age, and usually I am spot on (personality bit is harder I just learned that) and when in the "real world" I can watch someone's body language from afar for about a minute, and also know their personality.... Wink

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 10th April 2014, 11:22 pm

Ah, well that's good. Not the bullying part, the not easily offended part. I was bullied when I was younger, I got all upset by it, and then I grew thick skin and stopped caring.

Oh yeah, word bashing is my specialty. Not always in the good way, I'll just sit there for hours and make fun of random junk. I have no life. (Fricken writer's block)

Oh yes, my friends, after they learned to hear me when I murmur, decided that I am a complete asshole. The conversation was basically me making fun of something and my friend calling me a "hilarious asshole" (no joke, his wording, not mine.)

Ah, I believe we will get along then. Smile (yes, it must take three paragraphs to decide!) With movies I prefer to make them than to watch them usually. After a certain point of doing all the special effects, I've lost respect for a lot of Hollywood's lazy shortcuts. But I do like some movies.

That sounds about right XD I've been many different ages XD

Oh scaring people is a commitment of mine. Not for the psychological reasons, just self preservation. Oh really? I do enjoy the psychology stuff (yup, I just said stuff. So sue me) but I've never been so good at it. At times I can be a bit of a human lie detector, but I don't have enough faith in my instincts for it. Have you learned these things through practice, or through books?
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 11th April 2014, 7:22 am

Not me, I've always had thick skin, I'm 4"11 and 87 pounds of pure danger XD even as a little girl when someone messed with my siblings or friends I would go and ATTEMPT to beat them up, never succeed because what's a four year old that's the size of a Two year old gonna do? And as I got older I stopped beating people up, but of someone EVER upsets my friends or family, I will stand in their faces yelling, when they yell back I simply point out all their little flaws, from smarts, to appearance, till THEY back down, but I don't defend myself, someone messes with me, I kinda sit quietly making crude comments in my head till they get bored and leave

Don't worry, the other day I spent 3 and half hours curling my hair, burned my neck and ears on accident several times, then took a nap, I have nothing better to do XD

No one hears me when I murmur, I do it a lot, but when they ask my opinion and they don't like the answer, one time my older sister had a very polite way of calling me an ass, I forgot her wording, but I always remembered how polite it was, it was so funny lol

And I love movies, even in movies that have bad acting and crappy affects I will still watch, just cause

And it as hard to learn, I first started kind of dabbling in it at 12, then really got into it fourteen, I'm sixteen now, so I had to study for a good four or five years
And neither really, it's just stuff I got off the internet from searching whatever psychological question pops into my head, sometimes there's a bit of it in books and I'all write it down, even TV shows can have a little mention in it, so when I learn or hear something I have note books that I write it down in

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 19th April 2014, 12:34 am

Lol Hey Hinrey!

I wish I felt the need to lie about my age now. 20 doesn't sound too old, but I miss the good old days of being 12 on the internet and saying I was 17 to fool everyone around me. Never worked out too well.

So what are your favorite fandoms? I think it rocks that you do stop motion films. Any chance of us seeing one?

Tyler

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 19th April 2014, 8:49 am

I miss those days to Tyler, I'm only sixteen now, and my stepdad Said I had to be ready for The first GED and a test for my learners permit to drive in four months, and now I'm panicking about being an adult.

Say, Tyler, your one of those grown ups! Is it as scary as I imagine it?

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 20th April 2014, 12:12 pm

Do you want the honest truth or me spouting what you want to hear?  Razz 

It's not horrible being an adult. I can't spend hours upon hours at my computer like I used to as a teenager, but it's alright. I work quite a lot and school is by choice so your view on things change because you're the one paying for it. Pretty sure I could write a book on what all changes in your view when you hit the adult stages. Lol

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 20th April 2014, 12:17 pm

Put that book on your to do list lol

It doesn't sound like fun, working especially, and not just working, but dealing with other....people, I get nervous at the check out line in the gas station XD so, yah, not in my comfort zone, none of that

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21st April 2014, 1:07 pm

0-0 How do you type such long posts?.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 21st April 2014, 2:12 pm

It just happens? XD

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX on 21st April 2014, 8:28 pm

I think time management is one of the hardest thing to do while you're an adult than communicating to people. A lot of people don't know how to use their time wisely.  

I think the best way to have the combination of both time management and communication is to join a club at your school or volunteer in a field that you might potentially want to get a job in.  

Also, learn to use the internet as a tool more than as a means of entertainment. Writing fanfiction is somewhat educational, but you have to face the fact that you're not going to be doing that for the rest of your life. Look up opportunities (scholarships) and other things you need to do for the future.

A common mistake that I also see high school students doing is planning out to get a Ph.D. I'm not saying that's impossible for you to do, but stick with a simpler plan that doesn't make you broke if you don't pass your classes.  

Time management schedule: Tick-tock
Printable Calender:  Calendar

For little things about adult life you need to know here's a whole list the I recommend reading whenever you have the free time:  How-to-Adult  

College Student Tips: Tips

College Student Life masterpost(Some of these links can be used in high school life as well): Welcome to hell

Here's a list of questions that you can be potentially asked at an interview: Interview questions

And here's some scholarship things you SHOULD apply for:  Scholarship stuff  

There's also this test important test that can let you opt out of some classes but make sure the credits will be accepted.

Money is always going to be a big issue so I suggest saving up now.

Also, please learn basic self-defense (especially if you're female) . Many of my friends and myself included have been harassed for more than one occasion. People will also try to rob you while getting out of campus parking lot as well, so be careful and look around for any suspicious people before getting out.  

Self-defense tips

Last edited by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX on 21st April 2014, 9:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 21st April 2014, 8:48 pm

Look at Truth over there. All awesome with sources and educational talk. Lol

Gotta agree though. Time management was my downfall during my first year as a high school graduate. I even finished school a year before my peers at 17 so adjusting to the adult life felt a little more intimidating.

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX on 21st April 2014, 9:21 pm

It's important information so I decided to put it up. lol.
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 21st April 2014, 10:54 pm

I'm good at time management, I think I got ash covered, I have been putting money in my piggy bank for years now

Self defense is not a problem for me, I always carry pepper spray, a stun gun, and a gun in my bag with me o.o

..I'm small,if it comes to a fight I'm gonna lose

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX on 24th April 2014, 2:56 pm

Unless you have enough money to buy a small island in your piggy bank, I would still suggest looking into scholarships. Razz
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 24th April 2014, 3:31 pm

Just barging in here, but Truth is right: scholarships, bursaries and awards are your friends. Seriously, I've spent nearly ten thousand dollars for two years of university, and my tuition (just a guess here,) is likely less than yours will be. And that's not even touching textbooks. Textbooks will be the bane of your existence until you graduate.

Credit to Ty for the lovely sig <3
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 24th April 2014, 5:28 pm

didn't say I wouldn't get a scholorship, I just know I have enough for a car or housing at least for a little while

Buggy
Intern
Intern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX on 24th April 2014, 6:07 pm

M'kay. Sorry, but from your previous message it sounded like you were disregarding scholarships.

I wish things didn't cost so much.  Sad 
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy on 25th April 2014, 8:17 am

Don't be sorry, it's easy to confuse

Same, but unfortunately they do , it brothers me plenty

Buggy
Intern