I forgot my password

Poll

If we were to have a challenge, what would you want for a prize?

13% 13% [ 1 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Word Chain
by IrishArcher Today at 4:58 am

» Five Letter Sentences
by IrishArcher Today at 4:57 am

» Nice to meet you!
by Niemand 15th November 2017, 9:16 am

» Pledge
by Guest 14th November 2017, 3:37 am

» Easier to See Site Design?
by Aspen_Noir 14th November 2017, 12:10 am

» We Tread the Icy Path Slowly and Cautiously
by Holly 13th November 2017, 3:20 pm

» We Have to Stop Meeting Like This
by Holly 13th November 2017, 2:57 pm

» Cassiopeia Mercer
by Krissu 12th November 2017, 2:08 pm

» Think it's worth it?
by Tyler 26th June 2017, 12:37 pm

Top posting users this month
Niemand

Krissu

IrishArcher

Holly

Aspen_Noir

• AFFLIATES
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Elevator problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elevator problems

Post by Aunt Bran on 19th May 2015, 3:16 pm

Mom:  Oh god.  What was that noise?  And why aren't we MOVING?  *Pushes the red Help button*  Come on, come on -- I'm a little claustrophobic!

Last edited by Aunt Bran on 19th May 2015, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)

Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Elevator problems

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 19th May 2015, 3:55 pm

The college student looked around the elevator as the single mother panicked. The escape hatch looked like it hadn't been inspected in years, and would probably be impossible to open, so he promptly sat on the floor and began rummaging through his schoolwork to get some last minute homework done.
"You think anyone can hear us? Because if they can, you might want to start shouting." he said to the mother as he removed a dreaded sheet of calculus from his bag.
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Bran on 19th May 2015, 4:01 pm

Picking up the emergency phone, she held it out toward him. "Please tell me that's not a busy signal! My son gets out of school in a half hour! Do you have a phone?"

Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 19th May 2015, 4:09 pm

"That's a busy signal. I have a phone, but no reception, my cell has always sucked in elevators. I would say try the emergency hatch, but unless you want tetanus, I wouldn't lay a finger on it. Looks like we're stuck until someone notices the elevator is stuck, just pray the cables don't snap," He said nonchalantly as he filled out math problems.
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Bran on 19th May 2015, 7:09 pm

Bangs the phone against the panel, making an awful racket inside the elevator but no way of knowing if anyone else can hear it. "Do you think they'll close the building without checking the elevators?" Blinking back tears. "My son's at after-care. I don't know whose number they have. I can't remember."

Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 21st May 2015, 4:08 pm

"Someone is bound to notice first, for all we know somebody has already been called, since this is the only elevator in the building. There's not much you can do about your son right now, and worrying wont help," he turned over the calculus paper, realized there wasn't another set of problems, and put it back into his bag. "You might as well make yourself comfortable and try to calm down, the situation is out of our hands now."
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Bran on 21st May 2015, 4:16 pm

Sinks to the floor, wrapping her arms around her knees and tries to smile. "You're right. It's a mother thing. By the way, my name's Barb. My little boy is Bryant, and I know they have an emergency number." Takes a deep breath. "You're a student, huh?"

Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 21st May 2015, 6:41 pm

"My name's Kevin," he said, extending his arm for a handshake, "I'm sorry about your son, I hope he takes it ok. I am a student, a sophomore in college, I'm going for my degree in nuclear physics. How old is your son?"
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Bran on 22nd May 2015, 10:57 am

Her smile relaxes a little as she shakes the proffered hand. "He's nine. He'll be fine. I'm sure they'll call his grandmother. And wow -- nuclear physics! I'm impressed, Kevin. That's gotta be a tough major. After one year of engineering at Pitt I switched to journalism.

Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 22nd May 2015, 12:45 pm

Kevin laughed a little, "Nine? Just buy him an action figure and he'll forget all about it if he doesn't take it that well. It is a tough major, but it's rewarding, if all goes as planned I'll be retired and sitting on a fortune by the time I'm 40," he joked, "But really, it's a fun challenge, but it's definitely not for everyone, I almost died when I saw the math we're going to have to be doing, but like I said, it's still a fun challenge. How did journalism work out for you? Are you still working at it?"
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Bran on 22nd May 2015, 2:36 pm

Smiling, she says "It pays the bills. I work for a second rate newspaper while I'm writing the Great American Novel. You know the type." She gives a self-deprecating shake of her head. My boyfriend calls me Lois Lane.

Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear on 27th May 2015, 4:12 pm

"Oh yeah, and I take you get in a lot of trouble along the way too?" Kevin said with a smirk, emphasizing the stereotype that had already been referenced, "well, if it pays the bills you aren't going to hear me complaining, that's more than I can say at the moment..." Kevin said as he looked down to his college work.
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Bran on 27th May 2015, 5:13 pm

Chuckles softly. "Not so much these days. It takes most of my concentration to raise my son by myself. I think the toughest part is to resist the temptation to over-mother him. Make up for the loss of his dad, ya know?" Her eyes lose focus for a moment as her thoughts turn inward. Shaking it off, she continues. "Lots of expenses for college these days, I bet!"

Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum