I forgot my password

Poll

If we were to have a challenge, what would you want for a prize?

13% 13% [ 1 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Word Chain
by IrishArcher Today at 4:58 am

» Five Letter Sentences
by IrishArcher Today at 4:57 am

» Nice to meet you!
by Niemand 15th November 2017, 9:16 am

» Pledge
by Guest 14th November 2017, 3:37 am

» Easier to See Site Design?
by Aspen_Noir 14th November 2017, 12:10 am

» We Tread the Icy Path Slowly and Cautiously
by Holly 13th November 2017, 3:20 pm

» We Have to Stop Meeting Like This
by Holly 13th November 2017, 2:57 pm

» Cassiopeia Mercer
by Krissu 12th November 2017, 2:08 pm

» Think it's worth it?
by Tyler 26th June 2017, 12:37 pm

Top posting users this month
Niemand

Krissu

IrishArcher

Holly

Aspen_Noir

• AFFLIATES
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Two Person Improv

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Person Improv

Post by Tyler on 18th January 2014, 7:25 pm

We all have problems entering and leaving a scene with our characters, I know I do. So this was a game my old theater club in real life did to help us establish the importance of exiting and leaving a scene, no matter how silly we look doing it. So the purpose of this game is this;

There are two characters who start the roleplay/scene initially. Such as I'm starting so I'm player One and the next person to post is player Two. We create a scene with Player two entering my scene and we roleplay continuously until Player Three (a new person entirely, not the handlers of the two characters) will throw a wrench so to speak by bringing an entirely new character into the scene. Player One must now adapt to the scene and find a way to leave it immediately (within the next three posts). Player Two stays in Player Three's scene and continues that new scene with the character they had started with. This continues until a new Player (or Player One even) joins the scene with either a new character entirely or the one they used before (if they were player one). This continues on and on.

I hope that makes sense, but here's an example.

A: Aldan was eating an apple from on a tree branch.
B: Brandon spotted Aldan and waved for him to get down.
A: Aldan noticed the wave and jumped from the tree, munching away on his apple.
B: Brandon starts up a conversation, asking why Aldan was up there.
C: Chelsea cartwheels into the area, broadly shouting how much fun it was to be upside down.
B: Brandon has a crush on Chelsea and immediately flees the vicinity
A: Aldan stares at Brandon's retreating back before turning to join Chelsea in her cartwheels.

I hope that helps. It can be as little or as long as you want it to be.

Aldan hummed to himself as he fiddled with the book in his hand, heading towards the library to return the borrowed item. He checked his watch and noticed that he was running late. Rushing forward, he failed to see someone stepping in front of him until he found himself on his back. "Ouch..."

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two Person Improv

Post by Guest on 13th February 2014, 9:31 am

Emily's eyes stretched wide as she saw Aldan fall to the ground. "I'm so sorry," she gasped, her open book still clasped in her hands.
(Is this right?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 16th February 2014, 7:53 pm

((You're good to go. Lol))

Looking upward, Aldan blinked in confusion at the person before him before pushing his body forward into a sitting position. "You're fine," he winced, rubbing at his head a little before he stood up, eyes darting to curiously look at the book in her hands. "Might suggest that you don't read and walk at the same time though, yeah?"

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18th February 2014, 7:51 am

"Yeah," Emily shrugged, quickly closing her book. She cast a worried glance at his head asking, "You okay?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 21st February 2014, 12:32 am

"Just a bump," he responded with a shrug, interest peaked that she'd closed her book so fast. "What're you reading over there that caused you to lose sight of your walking?"

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21st February 2014, 9:13 am

She turned the books front cover in his direction, in bold silver letters stood 'Ashes'

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 22nd February 2014, 3:19 pm

Aldan inclined his head, curious blue eyes skimming the words 'Ashes' across the cover. "Sounds... interesting," he said with a raised eyebrow. "What's it about?"

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26th February 2014, 6:58 am

"Well," Emily started, "It's really hard to explain, but you can read the back of the book if you want to." She turned the book around and on it was written:
Seventeen-year-old Alex is hiking through the wilderness when it happens: an earth-shattering electromagnetic pulse that destroys almost everything.
Survivors are divided between those who have developed a superhuman sense and those who have acquired a taste for human flesh. These flesh-eaters stalk the land: hungry, ruthless and increasingly clever...
Alex meets Tom, a young army veteran, and Ellie, a lost girl. They will fight together or be torn apart, but Alex must face the most difficult question of all: in such a vastly changed world, who can you trust?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 26th February 2014, 8:07 pm

Aldan peered closer, eyes skimming the summary written on the back of the novel. His eyebrow arched in interest before he grinned. "Sounds pretty interesting." He then proceeded to lean back and stick his hand out to the new person.

"I'm Aldan, by the way!" he introduced.

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1st March 2014, 5:06 am

"Hi, I'm Emily, nice to meet you," Emily replied, stretching out her hand and shaking his.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 2nd March 2014, 11:21 am

"So do you do anything else besides bump into unknowing victims while you read?" he asked with a grin, eyebrow slightly arched at her.

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2nd March 2014, 12:08 pm

"Well, I did start horse riding this year," Emily replied raising up a hand to brush aside some hair that had fallen into her face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 2nd March 2014, 12:57 pm

"Really?" He asked, interests piqued. "I've never been. What, exactly, do you do on a horse?" He casually leaned against the wall to relax a bit as the conversation continued.

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiamii on 2nd March 2014, 6:49 pm

Leah whistled and tumbled as she walked on her hands happily. So much fun~ it was to walk with her hands as her feet! She continued her entertainment until she turned a corner and saw two sets of feet in her way.

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "Why use your feet when you can use these lovely hands of yours?"

.credits to tyler.
Kiamii
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2nd March 2014, 10:44 pm

"Well, you can't really ride a horse with your feet," Emily smiled as she answered Leah's question. She then turned back to Tyler answering his question, "So basically what you do ON a horse is that you ride it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 5th March 2014, 7:49 pm

Aldan stared at the newcomer who was walking on his feet. She certainly was an oddball. He turned back to Emily. "Right. Sounds cool. Listen, nice meeting you. I've got to run," he explained and left with a hasty wave.

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6th March 2014, 8:14 am

"Bye," Emily returned the wave and turned to Leah asking, "Are you going to stay like that?" With a laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiamii on 6th March 2014, 9:12 pm

Leah turned to the other girl, hands still supporting her entire body, as the boy up and left. "Rude of him to leave," scoffed the girl before she grinned. "Why should I ever stand on my feet? That sounds so utterly boring!"

.credits to tyler.
Kiamii
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8th March 2014, 2:32 am

Emily let out a laugh as she said, "You remind me of one of my friends, her motto is: 'If you eat a live frog in the morning, nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day.'" Emily laughed at the thought of what her friend had tried to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on 3rd April 2014, 1:14 pm

If Kiamii doesn't respond by April 8, you can choose to do a new prompt Song.

Tyler
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10th April 2014, 1:10 pm

Mkay...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content